quinta-feira, 24 de janeiro de 2008

My Ideal first date

I remember the very first time I laid my eyes on you. I was such a child back then. I thought 'men, this dude has a great hair, and I love his lip ring'. You were just standing there, being pretty much just yourself and I was all lovey duby on you. I don't even think you saw me that day. And I didn't think I would ever see you again after that afternoon. You were just a cute guy at the mall right.
Wrong. 'Cause I did see you again. Less than a week later at the beach. I remember thinking that was such a great coincidence. I mean, what were the chances of the cute boy at the mall being spending the summer at the same beach as I was? But I was shy, and I didn't know how to talk to you... So for days I just sat there and stared at you, hoping you would come and talk to me. And finally, at my birth day I was walking down the street, going to my friend's beach house when I saw you standing in front of the house next door. You said something and I laughed, and later on me and the girls invited you over to our house. And so you came, with both of you cousins, if I remember well. And we just sat there and talked for quite a while.. about a bunch of non sense stuff. Then you had to go, but you said we would meet that night at the beach. I got so excited. I could swear we would hook up. But then I got there.. and looked for you for like, hours. And finally saw you with some other girl. I was pretty upset. But that was fine right, I had so many other boys to meed. I would forget about you in a second.
Wrong again. When I got home you had added me on msn, and we started talking. You said you wanted to hook up with me so bad but you didn't know how.. and that the other girl was just a friend, and you were no longer with her. But you lived so far away from me back then. Things were just difficult. We made plans to hook up at carnival. And we kept on talking on msn. A few weeks later I met another guy, and I really didn't want to seriously date him at first, but one thing led to another and I ended up falling for him. He was a lot closer to me than you were, after all. I don't really remember if I told you I was dating someone, but I know you got really mad at me for it. I can't really blame you. We sort of had a deal and I broke it. Carnival came along and we met. I was with him, you were with your cousins. And a bottle of vodka. I did second guess myself about being with someone else other than you, but I told myself me and you would never have something for real. And so you went back to your hometown and I moved on with my life thinking we were completely over right then.
As usual, wrong again. We kept talking online every now and then and when June came and I had decided to go to the United States you said you wanted to meet me and say goodbye. I didn't see anything wrong with that at first, even though I did have a boyfriend. You were just a friend right. Oh no. We went to the mall one day and I remember sitting there and just dying to kiss you. I remember the way you looked at me and how I felt guilty for wanting to cheat on my boyfriend. You were such a teaser. You asked me to go to the movies, but I obviously said no. I mean, I knew I couldn't resist if I went in the movie theater with you. And I told you that. Well, I text messaged you about it. You said you felt the same, and that you didn't care that I had a boyfriend, you wanted to be with me before I left. But you didn't. And it was better off that way. I went to the states, you stayed here and started dating this one girl. That was it for us, we barely even talked when I was there, she hated my guts and I really didn't think about you anymore.